Below are some important statistics compiled by the
American Disc Jockey Association.
- 72% of all party planners say they would have spent more time choosing their entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During the planning of a corporate event, clients say their highest priority is the guest list, followed by the venue location and the caterer. Entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week of the event, 78% of clients say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority.
- When asked, 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a party is the entertainment.
- The average cost of a mobile entertainer for a wedding is between $1,200 and $3,500. My rates are far lower than this, while still bringing the talent and professionalism expected from a successful disc jockey.
- 65% of all couples who choose a band to entertain at their wedding said, if they had to do it over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.
- A reliable disc jockey will normally invest 8 to 12 hours in planning an event although it may appear as if a client is only paying for 3, 4 or 5 hours. Consultations, music purchasing & editing, preparation, selection of appropriate equipment for the particular event, set-up & break-down, education (of the client's personal preferences and needs), and other business related endeavors all add up to the overall success of your special occasion.